It has been ten yrs since I have been home from my mission. So i was sitting in Relief Society enjoying the lesson and the teacher said turn your scriptures to Doctrine and Covenants Sect. 4 and i would like all of us to read aloud as a group. I just chuckled inside. I could not believe that I had still remembered it. I forgot my scriptures and so i sat there and recited it along with the rest of the class. Caroline was sitting with me and saying mommy you are doing it... It was so cute.
It brought back so many memories though. I am grateful for the time that I got to spend with the people of Oklahoma City. I may have strayed from the path since then but I truly am grateful for the lessons that i learned and how much I have grown in the gospel that yr and a half that I was there. I still have a strong testimony of the gospel. I am grateful for the friendships that i made there.
May 25, 2008
Church Today
Posted by The Ruff Family at 6:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
it's amazing how time is. One day you're a missionary the next you're a married women with kids. I think back and yes, who I am now and how I raise my children is because of who Sister Scott was then. Love you sister...
We learned so much on a mission about being good Mom's, didn't we? I never expected Motherhood to be so hard. I never knew it could be so rewarding. I always thought it would be fun and I really wanted it, but I have learned so much. Wow! Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment